Barbara will be sharing with us the basic teachings of the “Food as Medicine” program. For over 20 years, she has been sharing her health and wellness training, her nutritional knowledge and her experience with healthy eating.
The Food as Medicine plan was designed to use whole fresh food as your medicine, impacting the status and quality of your health. It is important to note that this is not a weight loss plan, but a program to enliven the body/mind/spirit. Eating in this manner re-energizes the body and mind, nourishes the tissues, simultaneously cools the liver and turns up the metabolism. The focus of this class is on eliminating hard-to-digest foods that are likely to be contributing to the formation of toxins in your system and incorporating key whole grains, oils and proteins.
In Sunday’s class, Barbara will:
- Review prana or life force in nature and our food
- Discuss the acid/alkaline balance in the body
- Present these simple rules of the Food as Medicine plan
- Discuss the benefits of alternating grains, vegetables, proteins, nuts and seeds
- Share breakfast, lunch and dinner recipes along with energy and detox teas
- Give an explanation of sugar cravings
- Explain Probiotic support
- Review suggested shopping and kitchen supply lists
Seating is limited. Classes fill quickly, so please reserve your spot!